Yay, Got it back! - 15 Jul 2011

My 40X W eyepiece, that is...  Yesterday I got a package from Carl Zeiss.  It was the eyepiece that I had sent in for repair back in late May.  The eyepiece had a stress crack along the perimeter that was not impairing my ability to digiscope, but was noticeable and potentially going to get worse.  So, at the advice of Stephen Ingraham I sent it to Carl Zeiss in Chester, VA.  A week later I called them and found out that it was on its way to Germany for repair.

Having unpacked a brand new eyepiece, I quickly mounted it onto the Zeiss 85T*Fl and tried it out w/ my homemade digiscoping adaptor.  A walk to the alley behind the house yielded a mid-afternoon American Robin, so I digiscoped it from about 30-40'. 

A huge shout-out to the folks at Carl Zeiss for replacing/repairing the eyepiece (free of charge)!  I'm a customer for life!

Comments

Popular Posts