New Digiscoping Camera! - 22 Feb 2012

The UPS man came today w/ my new digiscoping camera: a Nikon V1!  I ordered the kit (10-30mm and 30-110mm lenses) from B&H Photo & Video

I think I have an adaptor for the Zeiss 85T*Fl and 45X W eyepiece, already.  A trip to the hardware store resulted in a short piece of PVC pipe (1.5" x 1.5" X 4") that fits snugly over the eyepiece and allows the 10-30mm zoom lens to slide in nicely w/ just the right clearance.  Price? $0.61.  A bit of electrical tape to cover up the white tubing, and I'm just about good to go.  I'm gonna get a short strip of metal to form a bracket that will screw into the tripod fitting that will brace the adaptor and connect it to the camera.  Then, all I'll have to do is just focus and slide the camera over the eyepiece and start shooting.

The 10-30mm lens was a bit loose in terms of the zoom ring. I was able to remedy that by slipping a 2" black ring gasket over the base of the zoom ring, and now I have a nice, stable, zoom.  At 10fps in Electronic Shutter mode (RAW + Jpg) I'm ready to give it a go.  Hopefully the weather will clear enough tomorrow to give it a shot, otherwise I'll have to wait 'till the weekend.

First photos and setup to follow shortly.

Comments

Cathy Carroll said…
Congratulations on your new purchase, Jerry. You are single-handedly teaching us all the tricks of the trade. See you in the field.

Popular Posts