Ruby-throated Hummingbirds - 09 Aug 2019


I moved the hummingbird feeders next to the deck this evening. One, to give the hummers easier access to the feeders without having to dodge the larger birds, and two, to get them closer for photo opps. I set up the digiscoping rig next to the house that placed me about 15 feet from the feeders and give me good evening light for the birds that are now stocking up for their migration south.  The Ruby-throated Hummingbirds, male, female and young male, have all found the new location and are coming semi-regularly to feed.







This last image is a composite of 3 focus-stacked images I took while rolling focus through the bird. The first image was the throat in focus. The second was the eyes in focus. and the third was the bill in focus. When the bird doesn't move it is possible to generate these "increased" DOF images.


Comments

Popular Posts