Save for Web? - 18 Jun 2013

I've always posted Jpg images to these blogs.  1024x768 at 300dpi saved as a Jpg at a setting of 10 (out of 12 compression - 12 having no compression). I've never used the 'Save for Web' option presented by Photoshop.  Should I be using it? I did some testing.  Here's a House Wren I digiscoped last week and posted using my normal output (see above).

Here's the same image 'Saved for Web' using the 'JPG' option (no compression).

Here's the same image 'Saved for Web' using the 'GIF' option (only 256 colors).

Here's the same image 'Saved for Web' using the 'PNG-8' option (small file size - 334Kb).

Here's the same image 'Saved for Web' using the PNG-24 (large file size - 1.1Mb).

Do you see any differences?



Comments

Cathy Carroll said…
Hi Jerry,

Your image (the 1st) is the best of the 5 you presented. Color is richer and fuller.

All the best, Cathy
Mark Wloch said…
I like the warmer colors of photos 2 thru 5. With 2 and 5 having the better background, as 3 and 4 are showing hints of color banding in the green.

Popular Posts