Warm Weather & Recalibration - 19 Feb 2017


Temps have risen to 60F these past two days, and everyone's out, including me. The Tufted Titmice, Dark-eyed Juncos, House Finches and Northern Cardinals are singing the herald of a spring that is still a few weeks away. Its giving me a chance to put the scope on the deck and do a camera / lens realignment.  I also placed a rubber band around the Sigma 28mm f/2.8 lens* so that I can focus the tiny amount of lens that is protruding from the Digidapter™. It seems to be giving me a few sharper images.


* The Sony a6300 allows for high-magnification focusing, so when I rotate the lens on the Sigma 28mm f/2.8 the view is magnified 10X. This allows for precise focusing prior to pressing the shutter. I've found w/ previous Sony cameras that the Autofocus is good, but not great at capturing precise focus. Even w/ the focus highlighting option the autofocus is not quite precise. See my previous post.

Comments

Popular Posts