Wilson's Warbler, and Rolling Shutter - 20 Sep 2019


I pulled the scope out and was planning to digiscope some more hummingbirds coming to the feeder. No sooner did I set it up on the deck that I saw a small yellowish warbler bouncing through the hedges. Not having the Sony camera setup I grabbed the scope from the tripod and planned to chase the bird while hand-holding the digiscoping rig. The little bugger was fast, and shy. For the brief moments that it did pop out all I could do was focus and shoot, and hope to ID later.

That bold yellow eyebrow and olive cap made it a tossup between Wilson's Warbler and Hooded Warbler, but the olive cheeks clinched the ID for Wilson's Warbler!




Between the moments when the warbler was in view, I did manage to also get some pics of the Ruby-throated Hummingbird coming to the feeder. 





This following image is an excellent example of "rolling shutter" that is common among cameras when trying to shoot in electronic or silent mode. Only the Sony a9 can shoot 20 fps silently without this effect.



Comments

Popular Posts